LIVING INSPIRATION: Riccardo Tisci has offered up yet another clue to his design aesthetic for Burberry, with the revelation on Friday of a December capsule collection he’s planning with Vivienne Westwood for Burberry. This is the second time in three months that Burberry’s chief creative officer has dropped a hint on Instagram about his intentions for the brand. “Vivienne was one of the first designers who made me dream to become a designer myself,” Tisci wrote on Instagram. “I am SO honored to announce a new Burberry collaboration with the original British Punk.” Burberry confirmed that the capsule will feature re-imagined iconic pieces from the brand’s vast archive, and Westwood is undoubtedly planning to put her subversive spin on the British heritage label. The collection will launch in December, with proceeds going towards Cool Earth, a non-profit organization whose mission is to halt rainforest deforestation. “When I first started at Burberry, I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to approach her to do something. She is a rebel, a punk and unrivalled in her unique representation of British style, which has inspired so many of us. I am so incredibly proud of what we will be creating together,” Tisci said. Westwood could not be reached for comment on Friday. Tisci
Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.
Read More...
from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/2IYKTkI