ROME – “I look forward to seeing him play every time, I’m so excited like a little girl, I just want to dance along to be there, and it never gets boring, it’s never the same.” Amber Le Bon’s comments about her father Simon Le Bon pretty much summed up how guests reacted to the Duran Duran performance organized by Bulgari that closed the event held here on Thursday evening. Earlier in the day, the Rome-based brand unveiled the “Wild Pop” high jewelry collection inspired by the Eighties, and what other band could better personify that decade? True to her words, Le Bon, flanked by her equally excited mother Yasmin, sang and danced along to Duran Duran’s hits including “A View to a Kill,” “Hungry Like the Wolf,” and “Rio.” “I love the Eighties, it was just such a fun time for me — I was young, I started working, I became independent, then I didn’t become independent, I got married and had Amber,” said Yasmin Le Bon, pointing out that her daughter, “barely just made it in the Eighties,” as she was born in 1989. “I also worked really hard, people sometimes forget that. It felt full of possibilities, you
Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.
Read More...
from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/2lIZsjx