Morgan Evans is hoping lightning strikes twice: The 33-year-old Australian was a bona fide star in his home country, winning awards, releasing several popular albums and even touring with Taylor Swift. But there was something missing. He had grown up listening to American country music from Garth Brooks, Glen Campbell, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and others, and always dreamed of making his own mark in Music City. So he started traveling from Australia to Nashville and one year made the trip nine times. “With 18 of those flights, I spent almost a month in the air that year,” he says. Knowing that schedule was basically unsustainable, a little over three years ago Evans permanently moved to Nashville, which he calls “just the most epic music community I’ve ever seen or experienced. That’s the main reason I moved. I needed to be a part of that community. I love that I can get up and walk over to my producer’s house or to my record label. There’s no place else in the world you can do that, and I love it. It’s really just a pleasure to be a part of. There are the best songwriters in the world, and I want to be involved in that

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More...

from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/2MFrVSz